As an integral part of modern day enterprises and business technology, computer science has come a long way in the development of every growing and emerging endeavor. It is in this light that NOIC has a working and modern computer studies department in an environment conducive for learning and equipment to aid practice (practical).
The computer studies department at N.O.I.C is a department organized solely for:
- Beginners: People interested in computer literacy (basic knowledge) and skills, that is people who are interested in becoming computer literates.
- Computer literates: People who want to learn more about computers and their applications. Computer literates seeking advanced knowledge of basic computer programs (e.g. Office Suite) and processes using the computer such as writing your own programs (that is telling your computer what you want it to do for you), creating graphics, presentations, database to mention but a few.
- Entrepreneurs or employees: Entrepreneurs or employees seeking to improve business/work profile using various tools such as quality electronic presentations, web design, programming and others to produce proposals, adverts and even manage the business data and database of enterprise or company.
We offer you:
- Word processing and Spreadsheet using Office suites (majorly MS. Word, MS. Excel and WordPad, OneNote).
- Desktop Publishing (Corel Draw, MS Publisher and Adobe PageMaker).
- Database Management (MS. Access and introductory SQL).
- Website Development basics (HTML, CSS and Dreamweaver).
- Graphics Design (Corel Draw, Paint, Photoshop, fireworks and Photoscape).
- Presentation (Microsoft PowerPoint, Flash).
- Basic Programming:
- (BASIC Language [QBasic]
- VBA[Visual Basic for Applications such as Excel VBA]
- Python (introductory)
- Data Processing (Theory).
- Basic Computer Appreciation (for other departments in the institution).
As expressed in some of the courses listed above, for each of the courses offered, we have hands-on exercises/practical materials as well as other training materials such as videos and handy notes. The department is well equipped with computers that have an already installed, functioning software-Microsoft. It is spacious and well ventilated.