The Emerging Leader Award was created to annually recognize an Emerging Leaders of Tampa Bay participant age 21 – 35 whose leadership has made a positive impact on Hillsborough County. This award is given in honor of our late founder Deanne Dewey Roberts. It pays tribute to an individual who exemplifies outstanding professional values, demonstrates the ability to go above and beyond the expectations of a leader, and serves as an inspiration to the community.
This award will be presented at the Emerging Leaders of Tampa Bay Annual Meeting.
The chosen honoree will be able to honor the charity of his or her choice with a $1,000 gift, courtesy of ChappellRoberts.
Recognition criteria that should be considered:
- Character (Reflects moral and ethical integrity)
- Community Involvement (Involved in community service, whether civic, cultural, economic, charitable, recreational or educational)
- Initiative/Tenacity (Shows persistence, determination, perseverance, action and implementation)
- Leadership (Demonstrates the ability to lead in his/her business & community)
- Professional Accomplishments (Shows achievement through measurable results; demonstrates career achievement)
- Selflessness (Offers personal sacrifice, generosity, philanthropy and social conscience)
- Vision (Foresight, direction, creativity and resourcefulness while actively fostering a diverse and inclusive business community)
- Emerging Leaders of Tampa Bay involvement (Please explain candidate’s involvement in Emerging Leaders of Tampa Bay and what role this program has played in his/her life)
- The nominee must be a current Emerging Leaders of Tampa Bay Member.
- Nominees may not nominate themselves.
- The current Emerging Leaders of Tampa Bay Program Chair and Vice Chair are ineligible for this award.
- Current elected officials or declared candidates running for public office are not eligible.
- This award will not be given posthumously.
See past award winners
- Nomination deadline – Aug. 23, 2022
- Application deadline for selected nominees – Sep. 12, 2022
- 2022 ELTB Annual Meeting – Nov. 10, 2022
For questions, please contact Jill Teeter, Director, Leadership Programs.
We'd like to let the person you nominate know that you nominated them. However, if you'd rather remain anonymous, check this box, and we'll keep your identity a secret.