The Dottie Berger MacKinnon Woman of Influence Award was created to annually recognize a woman whose leadership has made a positive impact on our region. It pays tribute to an individual who exemplifies outstanding professional values, demonstrates the ability to go above and beyond the normal expectations of a leader, and serves as an inspiration to the community.
Established by the Tampa Bay Chamber’s Women of Influence Committee, the award will be presented at the upcoming annual Women of Influence Luncheon.
To nominate someone, please complete the form below and include:
- A current biography or resume of the nominated candidate; and
- Two letters of recommendation.
Nominees will be considered based on: how the person’s leadership benefits the Tampa Bay area; whether the person’s leadership activity involved any form of community service (e.g. civic, cultural, economic, charitable, recreational, or educational). Leadership need not be marked by any formal event and is evident beyond the scope of the person’s professional duties. The following recognition criteria should be considered:
- Character (Reflects moral and ethical integrity)
- Community Involvement (Involved in community service, whether civic, cultural, economic, charitable, recreational or educational)
- Initiative/Tenacity (Shows persistence, determination, perseverance, action and implementation)
- Leadership (Demonstrates the ability to lead in his/her business)
- Professional Accomplishments (Shows achievement through measurable results; demonstrates career achievement)
- Selflessness (Offers personal sacrifice, generosity, philanthropy and social conscience)
- Vision (Has direction, foresight, creativity and resourcefulness)
- Current Tampa Bay Chamber officers, elected officials or declared candidates running for public office are not eligible for nomination.
- This award will not be given posthumously.
- Nominees must be members of the Tampa Bay Chamber.
See past award winners
Nomination Deadline – Mar. 3, 2022
For questions, please contact Kayla MacArthur, Events Manager.
Essential information about you.
Essential information about the person you are nominating.