The H.L. Culbreath Jr. Profile in Leadership Award was created in 1997 to annually recognize an individual whose leadership has made a positive impact on the Tampa Bay area. Named in honor of its first recipient, a man whose civic philanthropy and long service personified leadership, the award has quickly become the area’s most prestigious honor.
This award, established by Leadership Tampa Alumni, will be presented at the Tampa Bay Chamber’s Annual Meeting.
To nominate someone, please complete the form below and include a current biography or resume of the nominated candidate.
Nominees will be considered based on: how the person’s leadership benefits the Tampa Bay area; whether the person’s leadership activity involved any form of community service (e.g. civic, cultural, economic, charitable, recreational, or educational). Leadership need not be marked by any formal event and is evident beyond the scope of the person’s professional duties. The following recognition criteria should be considered:
- Character (Reflects moral and ethical integrity)
- Community Involvement (Involved in community service, whether civic, cultural, economic, charitable, recreational or educational)
- Initiative/Tenacity (Shows persistence, determination, perseverance, action and implementation)
- Leadership (Demonstrates the ability to lead in his/her business)
- Professional Accomplishments (Shows achievement through measurable results; demonstrates career achievement)
- Selflessness (Offers personal sacrifice, generosity, philanthropy and social conscience)
- Vision (Has direction, foresight, creativity and resourcefulness)
- All nominees must be members of the Tampa Bay Chamber.
- Current Tampa Bay Chamber officers, elected officials or declared candidates running for public office are not eligible for nomination.
- This award will not be given posthumously.
See past award winners
Nomination Deadline – Nov. 2, 2021
For questions, please contact Meaghan Gelinski, Senior Director, Events.
Essential information about you.
Essential information about the person you are nominating.